- For Port Wine Reduction
- 1 quart Port Wine
- 1 cup chopped basic mirepoix
- 1 cup crumbled Maytag Blue Cheese
- 1 cup chopped roasted walnuts
- 4 poached pears, cored from the bottom leaving the stem intact
- 2 prepared puff pastry sheets 8 x 10 inches, split in half
- Egg wash--1 egg mixed with 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup roasted walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup snipped chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For Port Wine Reduction: Combine the port with the mirepoix and reduce by 2/3 to a syrup consistency,about 6 to 8 minutes.
- For stuffed pears: Combine the blue cheese and walnuts together. Stuff each pear with 1/4 of the mixture. Place a pear in the center of the halved puff pastry sheet and wrap like a bundle, trimming any excess, thus leaving the shape of the pear evident. Brush each pear with the egg wash and bake until golden, about 8-10 minutes.
- To assemble, place the pear in the center of the plate, drizzle with the Port Wine Reduction, sprinkle with the walnuts and chives.