- 3/4 pound small red bliss potatoes, quartered
- 12 whole roasted garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion, for garnish
- In a saucepan cover unpeeled potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil. Cook just until tender do not overcook or potatoes will be watery. Drain well, return pan with potatoes to low heat and shake to dry. Squeeze in garlic cloves, cream, butter, and salt and pepper to taste. Mash together with a potato masher until ingredients are combined but potatoes are still lumpy.