- 1/2 cup fish stock
- 1/4 cup each chopped parsley and chives
- Salt and pepper
- 2 medium red snapper fillets, skin on
- 1 tablespoon Creole spice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Parsnip Slaw (recipe follows)
- Thinly-sliced chives, for garnish
- In a small saucepan heat stock and herbs just until herbs turn bright green; season with salt and pepper. Pour into a blender and process. Strain into cleaned saucepan and keep warm.
- Dust snapper fillets with Creole spice. In a saute pan heat oil over high heat. Add snapper fillets, skin-side down, and sear until golden and crispy. Carefully flip and cook briefly. Divide parsnip slaw between 2 plates, mounding it generously. Top with a perfect fillet of snapper. Spoon some herb jus over. Serve garnished with chives.