- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 pound prepared sweetbreads (previous recipe)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup flour seasoned with 1 tablespoon Creole spice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup veal stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a saute pan heat oil. Season sweetbreads with salt and pepper, dredge them in seasoned flour and add them to hot pan. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to give them a crispy crust, and cook first side for 3 minutes. Turn, cook second side 2 minutes and transfer to baking dish. Roast in oven 7 to 10 minutes while you make sauce.
- In saute pan cook shallots and mushrooms in pan drippings for 3 minutes, tossing. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add stock and thyme, bring to a boil and begin to reduce. Stir in cream and butter and adjust seasonings to taste. Divide sweetbreads between 2 warmed dinner plates, top with sauce and garnish with chopped parsley.