- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 4- ounce slices veal scaloppine
- Up to 3/4 cup flour seasoned with
- 1 tablespoon Creole spice, for dredging
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 1/2 cups sliced wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup Marsala
- 2 1/2 cups beef stock
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 8 ounce egg noodles, cooked
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
Heat oil in a sauté pan. Working in batches if necessary, season veal with salt and pepper, dredge in flour seasoned with Creole spice, and sauté for 2 minutes per side.Remove and keep warm. To pan add shallots and mushrooms and toss and cook 3 minutes. Add Marsala and CAREFULLY ignite with a match, shaking pan until flames go out. Reduce by half then add veal stock. Bring to a boil, reduce by half and stir in 2 tablespoons of butter.
Meanwhile, in another sauté pan heat remaining butter with poppy seeds and toss in noodles to reheat; season to taste with salt and pepper. Return veal to sauce to reheat as you divide noodles among warmed plates. Lay veal on top of noodles, coat with sauce and garnish with parsley.