- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups warm shredded, cooked pork
- 3/4 cup grated Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- In a deep skillet heat at least 3 inches oil to 360 degrees. With a 3 1/2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter, cut out 8 small circles from corn tortillas. Roughly chop scraps and set aside. Using tongs, hold a tortilla circle in shape of a taco shell and fry, one at a time, until crisp, golden and holds its shape. Drain on paper towels and repeat with remaining tortillas. Fry tortilla scraps. Fill each shell with a little pork, cheese, tomatoes, and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips, sprinkled with extra cilantro.