- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 thin slices brioche, or homemade style bread, crusts removed
- In a small bowl, blend together the cream cheese, mascarpone, chives, and salt. Spread the mixture on 4 slices of the bread and top with the remaining bread. Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons of the butter on each side of each sandwich.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 sandwiches and cook until golden brown, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Remove and repeat with the remaining sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into 2 triangles. Serve immediately.