- 6 eggs
- 1 fresh truffle, brushed (any size)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Salt and white pepper
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil (bottled)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and drained on paper towels, warmed for serving
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives, for garnish
- Store eggs and truffle together in a paper bag, overnight.
- Prepare sabayon: In a small bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, whisk 2 of the eggs with wine until foamy and thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside in a warm place while you prepare truffled eggs.
- Prepare truffled eggs: In a blender combine eggs with truffle oil and season with salt and pepper; blend until foamy. In a skillet, preferably nonstick, melt butter over medium-low heat. When butter is bubbly pour in eggs and cook, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula until just set.
- To assemble: Divide eggs between 2 heated plates and spoon sabayon sauce around edges. Surround with bacon slices and sprinkle with chives. Drizzle with truffle oil and serve immediately.