- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1 3-pound chicken cut in 8 pieces
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 2 cups flour
- In a large shallow bowl combine buttermilk and seasoning and add chicken, turning pieces until they are completely covered; marinate chicken 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large cast-iron skillet or chicken-fryer heat 1 to 2 inches of oil over medium-high heat to 350 degrees F. Drain chicken, wiping off excess liquid, and thoroughly dredge in flour. Fry chicken until golden, turning once, about 10 minutes in all. Transfer pan to oven and cook until browned, turning once or twice, 20 to 30 minutes longer. Drain chicken pieces briefly on paper towels to absorb any excess oil before serving.