- 3/4 cup rendered, chopped andouille sausage
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 10 large scallops
- 1/4 cup Creole mustard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat until lightly browned and fat has rendered. Let cool. In a small bowl combine sausage with bread crumbs, olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of Creole seasoning and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter an ovenproof baking dish just large enough to hold scallops. Sprinkle both sides of scallops with remaining Creole seasoning, and transfer scallops to baking dish. Top scallops with sausage mixture. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until topping is crusty and scallops are just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make mustard sauce: In a small saucepan heat cream with mustard, whisking frequently; do not let mixture boil. Season with pepper and stir in half of chopped parsley. To serve, divide scallops between 2 plates and spoon mustard sauce over. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.