- 4 to 6 - 8-ounce fish fillets (such as pompano, catfish, sea bass, grouper or lemonfish)
- 2 tablespoons Creole Seasoning, or to taste
- 4 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cups grated potatoes, preferably by hand using large holes on grater
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Red Pepper Sauce (see next recipe)
- Garnish: 4 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- Sprinkle top of each fillet with Creole seasoning. Spread 1 teaspoon mustard on each fillet, and top with 1/2 cup of the grated potatoes, packing them down with a spatula; sprinkle each potato crust with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 2 turns of the pepper. Heat oil in 2 nonstick skillets over high heat, using 1/4 cup oil per skillet. Using a spatula, gently slide 2 fillets into each skillet, crust side up, taking care to keep crust intact. Fry 2 minutes, then quickly and carefully flip fillets; fry crust side down until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve, pour Red Pepper Sauce onto each warmed plate and top with 1 fillet, crust side up; sprinkle with chopped chives.