- 2 cups peeled chopped potatoes, cut in 1/2-inch dice
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cloves lightly roasted garlic*
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Combine potatoes, water and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain potatoes in a colander and return them to pan.
- Place saucepan back over medium heat, add cream, roasted garlic, the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and white pepper and mash vigorously with a potato masher until fairly smooth, about 4 minutes. Beat in butter before serving.