- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly-sliced onions
- 2 cups peeled, seeded and thinly-sliced mirlitons (chayotes)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- In a medium sauté pan heat oil over low heat, add onions and cook. stirring, until golden brown and sweet, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking 2 minutes. Add mirlitons and sauté, tossing and mixing, 3 minutes. Add green onion and parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.