- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely minced onions
- 1/4 cup finely minced celery
- 1/4 cup finely minced green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely minced red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Creole or other whole-seed mustard
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 16 large shrimp, peeled except for the tails, and butterflied
- Red Bean Relish 
- Garnish: chopped green onions
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over high heat. Add onions, celery, green and red bell peppers, garlic, 2 teaspoons of the Creole seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 4 turns pepper; sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Add crabmeat and toss gently, taking care not to break up crabmeat lumps, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool 3 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk egg in a large bowl, and stir in crabmeat mixture. Stir in Parmesan, mustard and bread crumbs. Makes 2 1/2 cups stuffing. Shape into 16 balls, using about 2 1/2 tablespoons for each ball.
- Sprinkle shrimp with the remaining 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning, and rub in well with your hands. Press one stuffing ball into each shrimp and arrange the shrimp on baking sheet. Sprinkle top of stuffing with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bake until brown, about 10 minutes. To serve, mound red bean relish in the center of each plate, arrange 4 shrimp around the relish, and sprinkle green onions around the plate.