- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots, optional
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar or Champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, shallots if using, and vinegar. In a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly, drizzle in the vegetable oil, to form an emulsion. Whisking, slowly add the extra virgin olive oil. Add the salt and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Use immediately.