- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 1/2 cups oysters with their liquor
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously oil a medium baking dish.
- In a large skillet heat oil until it begins to smoke. Add onion, green pepper and celery and saute, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes more. Lower heat and fold in bread cubes, oysters and their liquor, and broth until moistened. Add green onions, parsley, Creole seasoning, and hot pepper sauce; season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour dressing into baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 20 minutes until golden.