- 1 quarter-size slice unpeeled ginger, minced
- 3 small scallions (white parts only), minced
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- One-fourth teaspoon Asian hot chili paste or sauce
- 12 to 16 fresh oysters, shucked (Olympias, Hamma Hamma, or San Juan European flats)
- Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and stir to blend. Place in a small bowl in middle of a platter. Arrange the oysters around the sauce and serve.
- Recipes reprinted with permission from Northwest Food & Wine by Dan and Kathleen Taggart.