- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 cup grated cheese such as Monterey Jack or Cheddar
- 4-6 cups corn chips
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed in a colander under cool running water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Baby Bam 
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook, stirring, until browned and all pink has disappeared, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, chili powder, Baby Bam, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring, until the onions are soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the water, tomato paste, and sugar, and stir to mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 20 minutes.
- Add the beans and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from heat.
- To serve, put one cup of corn chips in each bowl. Top with equal portions of the meat mixture.
- Garnish each serving with some of the cheese, tomato, and scallions.