- 3/4 pound bacon, julienned
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, quartered
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn, kernels removed from the husk
- 1 teaspoon Crab Boil
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco Hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 whole lobsters, cooked and split in half
In a large nonstick stock pot, over medium heat, render the bacon for 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon from the pot to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Stir in the onions, celery, and carrots. Season the vegetables with salt, cayenne, and bay leaves. Sauté for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft and tender. Stir in the flour and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the chicken stock and bring up to a boil.
Add the potatoes and corn. Stir in the Crab Boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender. Stir in the half and half and parsley. Simmer the soup for 5 minutes. Stir in the hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Chop the meat from the lobster claws and add to the pot. Simmer the soup for 2 minutes longer or just until the lobster meat is warmed through.
Place one half of each lobster in a bowl. Spoon the hot chowder over each half lobster. Serve immediately.