- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped assorted wild mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 3 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1 sheet of fresh pasta, cut into 8 equal squares
- 3/4 pound white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1 black truffle
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. In a saute pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the shallots and garlic and saute for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and turn into a mixing bowl. Combine the potatoes and 1 tablespoon of the truffle oil with the mushroom mixture. Blend the mixture until smooth. Spoon 1/4 cup of the mushroom mixture in the center of one pasta square. With a little water, lightly wet the edge of the pasta square. Place one pasta square directly on top of the filled square and seal the edges very tightly, so the filling does not escape during poaching. In a saucepan, combine the cubed potatoes and stock, bring up to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Using a hand-held blender, puree the mixture until smooth. With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the remaining truffle oil and heavy cream. Reseason if needed. Poach the raviolis in the boiling water for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until they float to the surface and are tender. Remove the raviolis from the water and drain. Season the raviolis with salt and pepper. To serve, spoon the potato soup into a shallow bowl. Lay the raviolis in the center of the soup. Garnish with the shaved cheese, shaved truffles, and chives.