- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound new potatoes, sliced paper-thin in chips
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound haricot vert, blanched
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- Preheat the fryer. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Toss the fennel with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the fennel bulb on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes, or until tender and caramelized. Remove the fennel from the oven and cool. Julienne the fennel bulb. Fry the potatoes for 2 to 3 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown. Remove from the fryer and drain on a paper-lined plate. Season with salt and pepper. In a saute pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil. When the oil is hot, saute the fennel, green beans and garlic for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. In a mixing bowl, toss the sauteed vegetables with the potato crisps. Serve the salad warm or at room temperature.