- One-fourth cup Worcestershire sauce
- One-fourth cup olive oil
- 4 strip steaks (about 14 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons Reata Grill Blend (1 teaspoon kosher salt, three-fourths teaspoon powdered chile pasilla, one-half teaspoon each of dried granulated garlic, sugar, ground cumin, coarsely ground black pepper and ground thyme)
- 4 slices herbed butter
- Prepare the grill. Mix the Worcestershire and olive oil in a shallow pan. Soak the steaks in this mixture while the grill is heating. Remove the steaks from the marinade and season with the Reata Grill Blend.
- When the grill feels hot to a hand held five inches from the fire, it is ready to use. Place the steaks on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side for medium. Top each steak with a cold slice of herbed butter (seasoned with chopped fresh cilantro) and serve immediately.