- For the Marinade:
- 2 cups Steenís 100 percent Pure Cane Syrup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup light Karo syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- For the Pork:
- 8 double-cut pork loin chops, 2 1/2 to 3 inches thick, 14 to 16 ounces each
- Creole seasoning
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 recipe Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese 
- Whisk all of the ingredients together, in a mixing bowl, blending well. Season the both sides of the pork chops with Creole seasoning. Place the chops in a large Zip-lock bag. Pour the marinade over the chops. Seal and shake the bag to coat the chops evenly with the marinade. Refrigerate for 24 hours, turning the bag several times. Drain the pork in a colander, reserving the marinade. Pour the marinade into a saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat until it is thick and dark, about 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat 2 large skillets over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of the oil to each skillet. Add the pork chops and sear for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and place on a wire rack set in a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes for medium. Baste the pork chops every 5 minutes with the marinade. Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes before serving. Spoon the Macaroni in the center of each plate. Lay a chop on the top and garnish with parsley.