- 3 tablespoons grated cheese, such as Cheddar or Swiss (optional)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Pinch of ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- Place the eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper in a blender and mix on high speed until very frothy, about 1 minute.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and, when hot, add the butter. When the butter has melted, swirl to coat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir continuously and scrape down sides to cook the mixture evenly.
- After about 30 seconds, once the mixture resembles wet scrambled eggs, use the rubber spatula to smooth the eggs so that they are an even thickness throughout.
- Cook until almost set, about 10 seconds longer, and use the rubber spatula to fold the omelet in half.
- Carefully slide the omelet out of the skillet onto a plate.
- Serve immediately.