- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 cup white wine
- Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 sticks cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/2 cup small diced tomatoes
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine the shallots and wine. Season with salt and cayenne. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the mixture reduces by half. Add the cream and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter, a couple of pieces at a time. Season with the salt, cayenne, hot sauce and Worcestershire. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Place back in the saucepan and add the shallots, capers and tomatoes. Stir well and keep warm.