- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 pound veal liver, cut into 4 (4-ounce) pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- Potato Gratin 
- In a sautÈ pan, over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the onions. Season with salt and pepper. SautÈ until wilted, about 2 minutes. Season both sides of the liver with salt and pepper. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Dredge the liver in the flour, coating completely and shaking off the excess. In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter. When the butter is hot, add the liver. Cook for 1 minute on each side, remove from the pan and set aside.
- To serve, place a serving of the gratin in the center of each plate. Lay a piece of the liver next to the gratin. Spoon the onions over the liver. Garnish with parsley.