- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh spaghetti, cooked al dente
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
In a large saute pan, over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy, about 6 minutes. Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels. Pour off all of the oil except for 3 tablespoons. Add the garlic. Season with black pepper. Saute for 30 seconds. Add the crispy bacon and the pasta. Saute for 1 minute. Season the eggs with salt. Remove the pan from the heat and add the eggs, whisking quickly until the eggs thicken, but do not scramble. Add the cheese and reseason with salt and pepper. Mound into serving bowls and garnish with parsley.