- For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 cup Herbsaint liqueur
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 sticks cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 pound Brie, thinly sliced
- 12 medium crepes
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed and patted dry
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine the shallots and Herbsaint. Season with salt and cayenne. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the mixture reduces by half. Add the cream and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter, a couple of pieces at a time. Season with the hot sauce and Worcestershire. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve and keep hot.
- Place a couple of slices each of the salmon and cheese over the bottom of each crepe. Roll each crepe up tightly. Place in a buttered casserole dish and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 4 to 6 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt.
- Fry the spinach until crispy, about 1 minute. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with salt. To serve, spoon the sauce in the center of each plate. Lay a couple of the crepes in the center of sauce. Garnish with some of the fried spinach.