- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel
- Zest of one medium orange
- 8 cups fish stock
- 1 28-ounce can of diced tomatoes with their juice
- 1 pound baby new or red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound Swiss Chard, thinly sliced
- 3 pounds firm white fish, such as Daurade, Sole, Bass, Grouper, Pollack, etc., cut into 2-inch pieces.
- 3 artichokes, boiled, leaves and choke removed, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 12 toasted French bread rounds (2-inch rounds and 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 recipe of Roasted Red Pepper Rouille 
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 4 minutes. Add the fennel. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to saute for 4 minutes. Add the orange zest and fish stock. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and potatoes and simmer for 20 minutes longer. Add the Swiss chard, fish and artichokes and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the parsley.
To serve, lay a couple of the croutons in the center of each serving bowl. Ladle the soup over the croutons. Drizzle the Rouille over each serving. Serve immediately.