- Flank steak:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Creole seasoning
- For the summer salsa:
- 1/2 cantaloupe, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, small diced
- 1 medium red onion, large dice
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Green onions
- Freshly ground red pepper
- Season the flank steak with oil and Creole seasoning. Marinate for 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- In a large bowl, add the cantaloupe, jalapeno, blackberries, red pepper, lemon juice, parsley, cilantro and green onions. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the flank steak to medium rare, about 6 minutes per side. Slice the steak on a bias, against the grain. To serve, fan out a few slices on a plate. Top with summer salsa.