- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 fresh lemons, juiced
- Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 sticks cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine the shallots and lemon juice. Season with salt and cayenne. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the mixture reduces by half. Add the cream and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter, a couple of pieces at a time. Season with the salt and cayenne. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Add the hot sauce, Worcestershire and chopped tarragon. Keep hot.