- 2 pounds lobster meat, raw
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cognac
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 4 cups cooked medium-grain rice
- 1 1/2-inch diameter, casings, about 4 feet in length
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 round French bread croutons (about 3 inches)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 recipe Fresh Lemon and Tarragon Butter Sauce 
- In a food processor, combine the lobster meat, shallots, cream, and cognac. Season with salt, cayenne, and pepper. Turn the mixture into a mixing bowl. Stir in the rice and parsley. Season with salt, cayenne and black pepper.
- **To test the seasoning of the sausage, pan-fry a small piece of the filling for a couple of minutes on each side. Readjust the seasoning if needed.
- Either using a feeding tube or a funnel, stuff the sausage into the casings and make 3-inch links. Bring a large saucepan of salted water up to a boil. Poach the sausage for about 5 minutes, or until the sausage is firm to the touch and plump. Remove from the water and allow to cool. In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Pan-fry the sausage for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- To serve, spoon the sauce in the center of each plate. Lay a crouton in the center of the sauce. Place a couple of links of sausage over each crouton. Garnish with parsley and butter sauce.