- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectionersí sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped orange zest
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 3/4 cup flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 recipe of Caramel Sauce 
- Shaker confectionersí sugar
- 1 tablespoon chiffonade fresh mint
- In mixing bowl, with a wooden spoon, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the yolks, 1 at a time, and mix thoroughly. Stir in the zest, pecans and flour. Add the vanilla and mix well. Form the dough into a log, 2 inches in diameter and 4 inches long. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove from the refrigerator and cut into rounds, 1/4-inch thick. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. Bake in batches. Remove from the oven and cool on wire racks.
- To assemble, place galettes in the center of each plate. Spoon of the cream mixture over the cookie. Lay a second cookie on top of the cream. Repeat with the remaining cream and cookies. Drizzle the entire cookie with the Caramel sauce. Garnish with confectioners' sugar and the mint.
- Yield: 4 servings