- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 pound (about 2 cups) cooked lobster meat, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups CrËme Fraiche
- 2 hard boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup small diced red onions
- 7 ounces Osetra caviar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and butter, blend thoroughly. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions and the peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes, remove from the heat. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. With the machine running, add the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Beat in the cream, Gouda cheese and sauteed vegetables until fully incorporated, about 2 minutes. Fold in the lobster meat and the parsley. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and bake until firm, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. If you refrigerate the cake before serving, allow to come to room temperature before serving.
- To serve, cut the cake into wedges with a warm knife. Serve each wedge with the Crème Fraiche, traditional garnishes and caviar.