- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 4 small hearts of palm, cooked until tender and diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fine dried bread crumbs
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ear of sweet corn, kernels removed from the cob
- 1 cup remoulade sauce 
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, green part only
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, and bell peppers. Season with salt and cayenne. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft and slightly golden, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. In a large mixing bowl, combine the crabmeat, hearts of palm, parsley and bread crumbs. Season with salt and cayenne. Add the cooked vegetables. Mix well.
- Stack the sheets of phyllo on top of each other and cut them into thirds. You will have a total of 12 sheets. Divide the sheets into four 3 sheet stacks. Lightly brush the top sheet of each stack with olive oil. Put 1/4 cup of the crab mixture on the bottom edge of each oiled sheet. Fold in the ends toward the center about 1/4-inch. Then, beginning at the bottom, roll up the phyllo securely, pressing to close. Lightly brush each strudel with the remaining oil.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the strudels on the paper about 2 inches apart and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. In a small sauté pan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the corn. Season with salt and cayenne. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and turn into a mixing bowl. Add the remoulade and mix well. Cut each strudel in half diagonally and serve with sweet corn remoulade. Garnish with green onions.