- *1 egg
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons Creole or whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a food processor with a metal blade and process until smooth. Season with salt, cayenne and pepper. While the machine is running, slowly add the oil, a little at a time, until thick. Reseason if necessary.
- *RAW EGG WARNING The American Egg Board states: "There have been warnings against consuming raw or lightly cooked eggs on the grounds that the egg may be contaminated with Salmonella, a bacteria responsible for a type of food poisoning....Healthy people need to remember that there is a very small risk and treat eggs and other raw animal foods accordingly. Use only properly refrigerated, clean, sound-shelled, fresh, grade AA or A eggs. Avoid mixing yolks and whites with the shell."