- 3/4 pound duck confit, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, green part only
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack Pepper cheese
- 2 tablespoons fine dried bread crumbs
- 1 cup masa harina
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large egg whites, beaten until foamy
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 medium-large poblano peppers with their stems, roasted and peeled
- 1/2 cup fire roasted corn and tomato salsa 
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Preheat fryer or vegetable oil to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the duck confit, green onions, garlic, cream cheese, grated cheese and bread crumbs. Season with Essence and mix well. In a small mixing bowl, combine the masa and 1/2 cup of the flour. Season with Essence. Fold the egg whites into the masa mixture and add the milk, 1/4 cup at a time, mixing thoroughly between additions, until all the milk is incorporated and the mixture is smooth. In a shallow dish, add the remaining flour and season with Essence. Slit the poblano's up one side and remove the seeds. Spoon a quarter of the duck confit mixture into each pepper through the slit in the side, pressing firmly to seal the pepper completely. Dredge each pepper in the seasoned flour. Dip each pepper into the batter, coating completely. Fry the peppers until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and drain onto paper towels. Season with Essence. Serve the rellenos warm with salsa and sour cream. Garnish with cilantro.