- 1 rack of pork spareribs (about 3 pounds)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 medium jalapenos, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper. In a small mixing bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, tequila, onions, garlic, jalapenos and cilantro. Whisk well. Season with salt and pepper. Place the ribs, meat side down, in a glass baking dish. Pour the marinade over the ribs, coating each side completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (at least 12 hours), turning every couple of hours. Remove from the refrigerator and bring the ribs to room temperature.
- Preheat the grill on low. Place the ribs, meat side down, and slow grill the ribs, turning and basting every 15 minutes. Cook for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the ribs are tender. Remove from the grill and slice into individual ribs.