- 4 (3-ounce) slices of Grade A Fois Gras, cleaned
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup small diced green apples, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup Calvados
- 4 toast points (3 by 2 by 1/4)
- Heat a sauté pan, over medium heat. Season both sides of the fois gras with salt and pepper. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Dredge the fois gras in the flour, coating completely. Sear the fois gras for 1 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Add the apples and sugar to the fois fat. Sauté for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and add the Calvados. Place back on the heat and flame the liquor. Shake the pan back and fourth several times until the flame dies out. To assemble, place the croutons in the center of each plate. Place a piece of fois gras on top of each crouton. Spoon the apple sauce over the fois gras and serve.