- 1/2 cup glutinous rice
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup dry Chinese black mushrooms, soaked, stems removed and julienned
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/4 cup Chinese sausage, sliced
- 1/4 cup Smithfield ham, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Soak rice in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain and combine with water in medium-sized saucepan. Bring rice to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook about 30 minutes or until water is absorbed. Once cooked, Set rice aside to cool. In a hot wok, add peanut oil. Add garlic, mushrooms, sausage and ham. Stir fry for 1 minute. Combine mixture to cooled rice.
- Chicken: 4 chicken breasts, skin on, bone-in 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted 2 cups hoisin sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Using a small knife, make a 3-inch pocket along the breast bone. Stuff each breast with 3 tablespoons of rice stuffing. Brush each breast with butter and hoisin sauce. Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes, brushing skin with hoisin sauce every 10 minutes.
- bok choy: 4 tablespoons peanut oil 2 bunches baby bok choy, leaves separated and whole 1 clove garlic, crushed 1/8 teaspoon ginger, sliced 1/2 cup scallions, chopped, for garnish
- In a hot wok, add peanut oil. Add garlic and ginger and toss. Add bok choy and stir fry until tender, about 2 minutes.
- To serve, arrange divide and arrange bok choy on each plate. Place a chicken breast on top of greens and sprinkle with scallions.