- Vegetable oil
- 12 large Louisiana oysters
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 12 medium leaves of Bib lettuce, washed and patted dry
- 4 ounces caviar, preferably Osetra
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Pour the oil into a deep fryer or deep, heavy pot 1 1/2-inches high and heat to 365 degrees F, using a deep-fry thermometer to gauge oil temperature. Do not let the oil smoke before frying. Using a paper towel, pat the oysters dry and season with salt and pepper. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add flour and season with salt and pepper. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together and season with salt and pepper. Dredge the oysters in the flour, coating each oyster completely, shaking off any excess. Dip each oyster in the egg wash, letting excess drip off. Dredge oysters in flour a second time to coat completely.
- Place oysters in the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Season with Essence. Arrange 3 lettuce leaves in the center of a plate and place 3 oysters in the center of lettuce leaves. Place a teaspoonful of the caviar on top of the oysters, dividing it equally among the 4 portions. Fold the edges of the lettuce in, like an envelope, to secure oysters in the middle. Garnish with parsley.