- 4 cooked artichoke hearts
- 3 cloves of peeled garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 (8-inch) rounds of pizza dough
- 1/4 cup grated Fontina cheese
- 32 fresh white anchovy fillets
- Preheat the grill. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a food processor, combine the artichokes and garlic. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. With the machine running, add the olive in a steady stream. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough thin, about 1/8-inch thick. Brush each round with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill the dough for a couple of minutes on each side or until crispy. Remove from the grill and spread the artichoke filling over each pizza round. Sprinkle each round with the cheese. Lay 8 anchovies over each pizza round. Place the pizzas on a large baking sheet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve warm.