- 4 ounces chopped raw apple smoked bacon
- 1 medium parsnip, skin removed and peeled into thinly strips
- 3 new potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 gulf fish fillets (6 to 8 ounces) such as pompano, catfish, grouper, etc.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup julienne salsify, blanched
- 1/2 cup julienne celery root, blanched
- 1/2 cup julienne fennel, blanched
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped chervil
- 2 cups Roasted Red Pepper Sauce 
- Preheat the fryer. In a saute pan, over medium-high heat, render the bacon until crispy, about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels. Set the bacon fat and crispy bacon aside. Fry the parsnips, new potatoes and sweet potatoes until crispy. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Season the fillets with salt and pepper. Season the flour with Essence. Dredge the fillets in the seasoned flour. In a large skillet, reheat the bacon fat. When the fat is hot, pan-fry the fillets until crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove the fillets from the pan and drain on paper towels. In a mixing bowl, toss the salsify, celery root, fennel, vinegar, sesame oil, peanuts, and chervil together. Season with salt and pepper. Add the reserved bacon and fried crisps and toss completely. To serve, spoon the sauce in the center of each plate. Lay the fillets in the center of each sauce. Mound the slaw on top of each fillet.