- 2 cups sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 4 eggs
- One-half cup butter, melted
- One-fourth cup milk
- 4 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- One-fourth cup fresh lemon juice
- One nine-inch unbaked pie shell
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cornmeal. Toss lightly.
- Add the eggs, melted butter, lemon juice, and lemon rind. Beat until smooth and thoroughly blended. Pour the filling into the pie shell. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. The center of the custard should be barely firm. Cool completely before slicing.