- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 10 to 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 8 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Italian Essence or other dry Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Baby Bam 
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat a large saucepan over high heat. Add the olive oil and, when hot, add the onion, celery, and carrots. Saute until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt, Baby Bam, Italian Essence, bay leaf, and crushed red pepper. Saute for 2 more minutes. (Do not allow the garlic to brown.)
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir well to combine. Cover and continue to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook until just cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the parsley, stir well, and serve