- 1 egg *
- 1 red pepper, roasted, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup olive oil
- In a food processor, combine the roasted pepper, garlic, cilantro and egg. Pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil and continue to process until the mixture forms a thick emulsion.
- *RAW EGG WARNING The American Egg Board states: "There have been warnings against consuming raw or lightly cooked eggs on the grounds that the egg may be contaminated with Salmonella, a bacteria responsible for a type of food poisoning....Healthy people need to remember that there is a very small risk and treat eggs and other raw animal foods accordingly. Use only properly refrigerated, clean, sound-shelled, fresh, grade AA or A eggs. Avoid mixing yolks and whites with the shell."