- 2 1/2 pounds turkey meat, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic
- 6 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Prepare the smoker. In a large mixing bowl, add the turkey. In a small mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients together. Mix well. Toss the turkey with the seasoning blend and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Grind the meat twice in a meat grinder fitted with a 1/2-inch die. A food processor could also be used to grind the meat. Stuff half of the mixture into 1 1/2-inch casings, forming 6-inch links. Form the remaining into 3 (1/2 pound) patties.
- You can either use the sausage fresh or smoke the sausage.
- For the smoked sausage: Place the sausage in the smoker and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.