- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large egg*
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Combine the garlic, egg, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper in a food processor or blender and puree. Add the oil in a slow stream and continue to process until the mixture has formed a thick emulsion. Yield: about 3/4 cup.
- *RAW EGG WARNING The American Egg Board states: "There have been warnings against consuming raw or lightly cooked eggs on the grounds that the egg may be contaminated with Salmonella, a bacteria responsible for a type of food poisoning... Healthy people need to remember that there is a very small risk and treat eggs and other raw animal foods accordingly. Use only properly refrigerated, clean, sound-shelled, fresh, grade AA or A eggs. Avoid mixing yolks and whites with the shell."