- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 recipe of
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- In a large saute pan, over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the shallots and saute for 1 minute. Add the pumpkin puree and cook until the mixture is slightly dry, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cream and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Cut the pasta ribbon into 3-inch squares. Place 2 teaspoons of the filling in the center of each pasta square. Bring one corner of the square to the other, forming a triangle and seal the pasta completely. Bring two of the corners together and seal tightly forming a "hat"-like shape.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta "hats" and cook until al dente, about 2 to 3 minutes or until the pasta floats and is pale in color. Remove the pasta from the water and drain well. Pat the pasta dry. Season the pasta with salt and pepper. In a large saute pan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the sage to the butter. Add the pasta "hats" to the melted butter and saute for 1 minute. Sprinkle the pasta with the brown sugar. Place the pan in the oven, on the top shelf and bake until the brown sugar is bubbly and golden on top. Remove the pan from the oven and serve. Garnish with parsley.