- 4 pounds chicken wings, wing tips removed, separated at the joints
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Your favorite sauce, for serving, such as barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, or blue cheese dressing, optional
- Preheat the oven to 500 F.
- Line large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. In large mixing bowl, combine wings and lemon juice and mix thoroughly. Add pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. While crushing between your fingers, add thyme. Mix again and add cayenne and butter. Mix thoroughly, then transfer wings to baking sheet and arrange in one layer. Roast in oven for 10 minutes, rotate pan and cook 10 minutes longer until wings are nicely browned and cooked through. Serve alone or with your favorite dipping sauce.